Five-Branch Tree of End-Times Bible Prophecy, Part 2: Jesus and the Earth’s Coming Sabbath
by Pastor Gene
1:31-2:3 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. 3 So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.
- In Isaiah 46:8-10, the Lord says, “I am God … declaring the end from the beginning.” Is that true? Has He told is something about “the end” in “the beginning”? If so, what and where?
- Biblical ‘types’ are “shadows of things to come.” For instance, the O.T sacrifices were “shadows” of the N.T. sacrifice of Jesus. Can you think of other ‘types’ and their fulfillment?
- Colossians 2:16-17 speaks of the Jewish feasts & festivals – and even the Sabbath – as “shadows” which are realized in Christ. How are the feasts and the Sabbath realized in Christ?
- Exodus 31:13 calls the Sabbath “a sign.” What does it point to?
- What was God’s reasoning behind the Sabbath day? Why did He decide to sanctify it and make it holy? (See Exodus 20:11.)
- Seven is the number for completeness in the Bible. Can you think of significant ways that ‘seven’ is used in Scripture?
- Six is the number of imperfection in the Bible. Can you think of examples of it being used that way (Dan. 3:1 & Rev. 13:18)?
- What is the ‘Sabbath of the Land’ and why do you think it was important (see Leviticus 25:3-5).
- What do you think is really going on in Luke 13:31-32? What does Jesus’ answer mean? Is there something symbolic here? How do we square Jesus’ answer with Ecc. 10:20 & Ex. 22:28?
- Is there anything symbolic in John 2:1? John 2:6? John 11:6-7?
- Is there something significant about the description of Solomon’s throne in 2 Chron 9:17-18? Any symbolism here?
- What about in Josh. 6:1-4. Do you see any symbolism relating to the earth’s Cosmic Week here? (Cosmic Week = the idea that earth has been allotted a ‘week’ of seven 7000-year days).
- Jesus’ healing of the paralytic man on the Sabbath was the 3rd of John’s 7 Signs. What do you this sign means or ‘signifies’?
September 26, 2021
September 19, 2021