Five-Branch Tree of End-Times Bible Prophecy, Part 7: The Coming Invasion of Israel
by Pastor Gene
“And I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great host, all of them with buckler and shield, wielding swords … But on that day, the day that Gog shall come against the land of Israel, declares the Lord God, my wrath will be roused in my anger.”
- Speaking about the onset of the Tribulation, Paul says it will come suddenly at a time when there is a false sense of “peace and security.” What brings about this false “peace and security”? Why do people feel secure and at peace? Look carefully at Daniel 7:23-24 (cf., 1 Thessalonians 5:1–3). See any clues there?
- Is the Tribulation imminent? Could it begin at any moment?
- Why was the rebirth of Israel in 1948 important prophetically?
- Look at Zephaniah 2:1–2. It speaks of a regathering of Israel, but what does it tell us about the nation that God is calling to regather? According to 2:2, what is this a regathering to? Why are they being regathered? What is the “decree” it mentions? How does this passage speak to the current regathering of Israel?
- What does Matt. 24:15-16 tell us about the land of Israel in the Tribulation? What three things must be true for it to happen?
- Do a little internet sleuthing. Read about the Six Day War of 1967. How did God use it to fulfill one of the above three things? How did it help to set the stage for the prophesied Tribulation? Why did Rabbi Menachem Schneerson (‘The Rebbe’) become so famous during the Six Day War? How did he use Deut. 28:10?
- Scripture predicts an end-times invasion of Israel by her enemies. Ezekiel 39:9-10 says it will take Israel seven years to dismantle the military equipment left behind by the invasion and that Israel will use the fuel left behind for seven years. 39:11-16 says it will take Israel seven months to bury the dead invaders who will fall on the “mountains of Israel.” What do these passages tell us about when the invasion will take place?
- How will this invasion turn out for the invaders? See Ezekiel 38:18-22. How will they lose and who will defeat them?
- According to Ezekiel 38:23 & 39:7-8, what is God’s ultimate purpose in this invasion? What does Ezekiel 38:4 tell us about who’s really behind the invasion?
- Why is Genesis 12:2-3 important for America?
September 19, 2021
Five-Branch Tree of End-Times Bible Prophecy, Part 5: “Why Do You Not Know How to Interpret the Present Time?” (Luke 12:54-56)
September 12, 2021