by Steve Bacon
1 Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in his ways!
2 You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you.
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. 4 Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord.
5 The Lord bless you from Zion! May you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life! 6May you see your children’s children! Peace be upon Israel!
- How would you describe what it means to “fear the Lord and walk in his ways” to a young child or new follower of Jesus Christ?
- What examples could you give them to follow from your everyday life? Where, due to inadequacy, would you encourage them to follow the example of someone else?
- Some might feel that much of the remainder of the Psalm doesn’t apply to them because they are unmarried or childless. Read 1 Corinthians 4:14-16; 1 Timothy 1:2, 18; Titus 1:4. Do you get the impression that God has provided alternative ways of being a parent in the faith?
- Jesus made it crystal clear in John Chapter 15 and elsewhere in Scripture that his disciples were to bear fruit. How is that happening in your life in each of the following categories: Character Fruit (your commitment spiritual maturity)?
Conduct Fruit (your commitment to live righteously)?
Conversion Fruit (your commitment to soulwinning)?
Culmination Fruit (reproducing the faith to the next generation)?
- What areas would you say are most productive in your life? How can you use your strength in those areas to help others that seem to struggle?
- Where could you use help to increase your production?
November 26, 2023
November 12, 2023