From this week’s sermon (Sept. 11):
by Pastor Gene
- What unexpected things do Luke 12:51-53 and Matthew 10:34-39 tell us about Jesus?
- Has Jesus ever been a ‘divider’ or a ‘sword-bringer’ in your life as a believer? In your relationships? How?
- I’ve said that believers need to stop playing games with God. Do you agree? What does that mean to you? What are some of the ways that believers play games with God? What are some ‘biblical’ strategies we might employ to keep our hearts from drifting? I’ve suggested Jeremiah 29:13, Exodus 20:2-3, 1 John 5:21, Isaiah 58:13-14, Matthew 28:18-20. What are these passages asking of us? How might embracing them help us to stay fervent in our walk with Jesus?
For next week’s sermon (Sept. 18):
- There seems to be a new urgency to Jesus’ teaching in John 7 (for instance, see John 7:33-34). How might this urgency speak to our walk with God in 2022?
- What is the unpardonable sin (Matthew 12:31-32)? Can it be committed today? Who committed it? (Be true to the context!)
- Jesus asked His disciples an important question in Matthew 16:15. How would you personally answer that question?
- In Matthew 11:25-26, Jesus broke into a beautiful doxology, glorifying the Father. If you’re one of the “little children” Jesus is speaking about, how should you be responding?
- Is a simple profession that ‘Jesus is Lord’ enough to save us? What does Matthew 7:21 say? What does it mean to “do” the Father’s will? Consider James 2:14-22 in this regard.
- Every believer is a priest today. Why was YHWH angry with the priests in Malachi 1:6-7a? Compare this with Jesus’ words in Luke 6:46. As priests, what ‘kind’ of offerings should we be bringing before the Lord? (See Romans 6:13 & 12:1-2, 1 Corinthians 6:20 and 1 Peter 2:5.
- Why were the people so bewildered by Jesus’ words in John 7:35-36? Consider John 3:12, Colossians 3:2, Phil. 3:19 & Isaiah 55:8-9. Why are we often bewildered by Jesus’ words?
- What does Jesus mean by “living water” (John 7:38)?
February 05, 2023
January 29, 2023
January 22, 2023