Five-Branch Tree of End-Times Bible Prophecy, Part 3: Jesus and the Fall Feasts of Israel
by Pastor Gene
Genesis 1:31-2:3, 2 Peter 3:8 & The Cosmic Week
Definition: The Cosmic Week is the idea that God has prophetically allotted a total of 7000 years for man to live on this present earth. Each of the Seven Days mentioned in Genesis 1 and 2 (6 work/1 rest) prophetically represent 1000 years of human history, for “to the Lord a day is as a thousand years” (2 Peter 3:8). So, for 6000 years (6 prophetic days) man will live under the influence of sin and Satan, to be followed by 1000 years (1 prophetic day) when Christ shall reign over the earth in righteousness. This will be the earth’s Seventh Day, its Sabbath, the Day it will finally ‘rest’ from the influence of sin and Satan (see chart on the reverse side).
- We’ve been talking about things that are called “shadows of things to come” in Colossians 2:16-17. How are the things mentioned there ‘shadows’? What are they ‘shadows’ of? How will they be fulfilled?’
- Do you see anything that might be symbolic in the story of Jesus’ meeting with the Samaritan woman in John 4:1-45? Anything that might speak to the Cosmic Week theory?
- How about Hosea 6:1-2? Consider that this prophecy was spoken at the end of the earth’s 4th prophetic day (see chart). If one were to reject the Cosmic Week theory, what else could this prophecy possibly mean? What’s the alternative interpretation?
- There are seven appointed feasts of Israel. Why ‘7’? What does Colossians 2:16-17 tell us about them?
- Four of these feasts were fulfilled by Jesus at His First Coming – three ‘Spring Feasts’: Passover, Unleavened Bread, and Firstfruits; and one ‘Summer Feast’: Pentecost. Do a little research. How were these four feasts fulfilled by Jesus? Are there any Bible verses which substantiate your answer?
- The final three feasts – the ‘Fall Feasts’ – have not yet been fulfilled, but they will be fulfilled, and by Jesus. These are, The Feast of Trumpets, The Day of Atonement, and The Feast of Tabernacles (Leviticus 23:23-44). What do you think each of these feasts symbolizes? How will Jesus fulfill them and when?
- Why do you think ALL of the Fall Feasts occur in the seventh month of Israel’s calendar? Why might this be important?
- The chief characteristic of the Feast of Trumpets was the blowing of the ram’s horn or ‘Shofar.’ What is important about this sounding of the trumpet? Does evoke any Bible verses?
Read Mark 13:28-37
September 25, 2022
Five-Branch Tree of End-Times Bible Prophecy, Part 7: The Coming Invasion of Israel
September 26, 2021