Reflection Questions: The Quest for the Divine Presence 2: The Christian Life as Tabernacle-Walking
by Pastor Gene
- Consider and discuss the following verses with respect to the ‘Outer Court’ Christian: Hebrews 5:11-14; Proverbs 22:15 (considered spiritually); 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, 13:11 & 14:20.
- The ‘Outer Court” is the largest of the three Tabernacle areas. Perhaps this is because most believers spend their entire lives there? What keeps believers from advancing into deeper levels of maturity (James 1:2-3-4; Ephesians 4:11-14)?
- ‘Outer Court’ believers live at the Laver, in a continual cycle of confessing the same sins over and over again. What keeps them from victory? (See Romans 6:12-14 & 12:1-2; also, reflect upon the chart on the opposite side of this handout.)
- Consider and discuss the following verses with respect to the ‘Holy Place’ Christian: 1 John 1:5-7 (think about the light of the Lampstand in the Holy Place); 2 Timothy 3:14-17, Joshua 1:8, Psalm 119:11, 105 (think of the Table of Showbread); James 5:16b, Romans 12:12, Phil. 4:6-7 (think about the Altar of Incense); James 1:22 & Galatians 6:9-10 (think about the maturing Christian’s posture of seeking to serve, rather than to be served); Hebrews 10:25 (think about the importance of gathering together and why we do).
- Consider and discuss the following verses with respect to the ‘Holy of Holies’ Christian: Philippians 1:21, 3:8-11; Luke 14:25-33; 2 Corinthians 4:7-11, John 6:68-69.
- Consider and discuss 1 Peter 2:1-3 in the context of advancing to spiritual maturity (see again James 1:3-4 & Hebrews 5:14).
- Why was the Laver made of mirrors (Exodus 38:8, Lam. 3:40, Psalm 26:2, Proverbs 4:23, 1 Cor. 11:28, 2 Cor. 13:5).
September 17, 2023
September 10, 2023
July 09, 2023